Garden Grove, California
Courtland E. Palmer has over 30 years of experience as a lawyer in California. He has experience in many different areas of the law. His current area of practice is Immigration Law, specifically Removal defense and Family immigration issues; he is also a Certified Specialist Workers' Compensation Law, State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization.
Mr. Palmer is admitted to the United States Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, multiple Federal District Courts and the California Supreme Court. He practices in both State and Federal Court and has represented both plaintiffs and defendants during the course of his career.
Mr. Palmer began as a sole practitioner in San Diego County from 1978 to 1989; worked for insurance defense firms from 1989 to 1995; and resumed sole practice in Orange County in 1996. He later formed PALMER & TRAN, LLP. He has been a lecturer for Labor Law and Workers' Compensation seminars, chaired the Orange County Bar Association Workers' Compensation Section for several years and written articles on both Labor Law and Workers' Compensation Law. He is a graduate of Claremont McKenna College and received his Juris Doctor from California Western School of Law.
- Year Joined Organization:
- Workers' Compensation Law, California State Bar, 1991
- Bar Admissions:
- California, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2001
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1996
- California Western School of Law, San Diego, California,
- Claremont Mens College, Claremont, California,
Major: Political Science
- Classes/Seminars Taught:
- Finding the Hidden Value: WC Advanced, PTLLP, 2003
- Workers' Compensation Basic Skills, PTLLP, 2003